Circuit training should be a regular part of your week’s workouts. Circuit training is a cardio-based workout that is high in volume and low in resistance. It involves rest intervals of 2-3 minutes and includes cardio. This is designed to improve muscle tone and definition, as well as cardiovascular fitness. This is a popular method of exercising, especially because it offers variety for your workout.
Circuit training is a great option for those who are bored with traditional exercise. Circuit training can be done using only your body weight. It includes exercises like pushups and pullups, as well as situps. Some routines use free weights or machines and incorporate cardio between sets.
Why circuit training? Here are five reasons you should incorporate circuit training into your workout routine.
- Combine strength training with cardio for maximum results. Your entire body should be used to its full potential to have the most effective workouts. It combines weight training and cardiovascular exercise that makes it one of the most effective routines for weight loss and overall fitness. Resistance training is a great way to gain muscle and burn fat.
- Although short, these workouts are still very effective. Are you short on time? Circuit training’s best feature is the fact that you don’t have to spend a lot of time to achieve amazing results. Circuit training can be done in as little as 25-30 minutes.
- Your metabolism can be increased. You want to eat out every once in a while and still maintain a slim body. Circuit training increases your metabolism. Because you keep your heart rate high throughout your workout, your metabolic rate remains higher all day. This allows your body to burn more calories even if you’re not in the gym.
- It beats exercise boredom. Are you tired of going to the gym every day and spending 45 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill? You can change up your cardio routine by adding 30-45 minutes to your workout while also alternating between sets of weight-strengthening exercises.
- You will see the actual results quicker. People expect instant results when they exercise, so many people don’t do it regularly. Circuit training can help you achieve faster results. Circuit training keeps you moving and increases your heart rate for as long as your workout lasts. Although it is challenging, the rewards will be well worth it.